Borehamwood and Elstree Synagogue is committed to providing a quality service for its members and working in an open and accountable way that builds the trust and respect of all its members.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- we respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to the member of staff or volunteer who dealt with you, or their manager explaining the details of your complaint. You should get a response and an explanation within 15 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write to the Chairman (by E-Mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org", or by post care of the Synagogue office marked "Private and Confidential" and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect them to acknowledge your request within 5 working days of receipt and a response within a further 15 workings days.
The synagogue's aim is to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
The Synagogue expects all members who have a complaint to comply with this procedure. To ensure fairness Borehamwood and Elstree Synagogue reserve the right to ignore any complaint which does not comply with this procedure.